Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dinner @ Melbourne Hwaro Korean BBQ



After my friend asked me if I were interested in this Korean BBQ restaurant that's supposedly the best in Melbourne, I did not hesitate to join! When I arrive there, the atmosphere just screamed 'authentic Korean food' to me, and judging by the amount of Koreans queuing up for the seats, I'm sure they would also agree.



I was quite fascinated by the whole BBQ with the top ventilator set up. I have seen them in Bangkok and Korea, but not many Korean BBQ restaurant in Melbourne offered these things (Well, at least not the ones I've been to). The waiters were quite friendly, but the service was quite slow as the whole restaurant was extremely packed. Booking is definitely a must if you want to try this place out!



Eating at Melbourne Hwaro Korean BBQ gave me a slightly different touch to the whole Korean food experience as this restaurant offers slightly different side dishes. I do recommend their Seafood Pancake which my friends and I demolished in 30 seconds of it landing on the table. Do not forget to dip it into the accompanying dipping sauce when eating!

They also have this button for customers to press if they need assistance from the waiters/waitresses but I did not end up trying it. If anyone has tried it, you can tell me whether it really works.


Spicy Kimchi soup with Tofu

They also offered lettuce to eat with the Bulgogi which some other Korean restaurants in Melbourne lacked of! The rice was slightly different as well as it was a mixture of unbleached /bleached rice which made me feel less guilty


one of the many interesting side dishes

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Melbourne Hwaro Korean BBQ and would definitely go back again!

3 comments:

grub said...

hi hungry hamster,

after reading your post last night, i immeadiately booked seats for dinner. the food was really great and had a high class kinda feel.

p.s the red button works. however it makes such a loud sound it's kinda embarrassing :P

cheers~

Hungry Hamster said...

Hi Grub! Thanks for dropping by my blog! I'm glad you liked the restaurant! And thanks for letting me know that the button works! I don't think I'll be using it though since you mentioned it made a loud sound lol! :p

I haven't had a chance to update my blog lately but if I do, I hope to see you again in the future ;)

Restaurant In Melbourne said...

Hello,
Nice blog i like it thanks for this all information about restaurant in melbourne
famous restaurants in melbourne